For Commercial & Industrial Applications
Transfer loads between alternate sources of power regardless of ampacity size efficiently with ASCO 4000 SERIES Power Transfer Switches made possible with reliable, field-proven solenoid operating mechanisms. Combined with programmable microprocessor controllers, they offer the most advanced method of transferring loads.
ASCO Power Transfer Switches are the standard of the industry. High-speed transfer of loads between alternate sources of power, regardless of ampacity size, is achieved by a reliable, field-proven solenoid operating mechanism. When combined with a programmable microprocessor controller with keypad and LCD display, they offer the most advanced method of transferring all types of loads, such as motors, electronic drives, UPS’s and microprocessor-based systems. 4000 Series Power Transfer Switches are available open or enclosed, in ampacity sizes from 30 through 4000 amperes with a limited selection of optional accessories.
4000 SERIES Microprocessor Controller
The 4000 SERIES microprocessor controller is used with all sizes of Power Transfer Switches from 30 through 4000 amperes. It represents the most advanced digital controller in the industry and includes, as standard, all of the voltage, frequency, control, timing and diagnostic functions required for most emergency and standby power applications.
Because of severe voltage transients frequently encountered with industrial
distribution systems, the microprocessor logic board is separated and isolated from the power board as shown below. This improves electrical noise immunity performance and helps assure compliance with the rigorous transient suppression standards highlighted below.
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Broadcast and Entertainment
- Other Critical Industrial/Commercial Applications
- Conventional two-position transfer configuration, plus closed and delayed transition modes of operation. All configurations available with either automatic or non-automatic control.
- UL listed to 1008 Transfer Switch Equipment & CSA certified to CSA 22.2 No.178-1978 Automatic Transfer Switches.
- Qualified to IEC 60947-6-1, CE marked (optional). (Limited to certain accessories.)
- Rated up to 600 VAC, 30 through 4000 amperes. Reliable and field-proven solenoid operating mechanism.
- High withstand and close-on ratings including short-time withstand current rating for optimum flexibility in circuit breaker coordination (800-4000 amperes).
- Solid, switched neutral configurations available.
- Field modification accessory kits available.
- Available for immediate delivery.