7000 SERIES POWER TRANSFER SWITCHES – OVERVIEW
ASCO Power Transfer Switches are the standard of the industry. High speed transfer of loads between alternate sources of power, regardless of ampacity, is achieved using a reliable, field-proven solenoid operating mechanism. When combined with a programmable microprocessor controller with keypad and LCD display, they offer the most advanced method of transferring all types of loads, such as motors, electronic drives, UPS’s and microprocessor-based systems. 7000 Series Power Transfer Switches are available open or enclosed, in ampacities ranging from 30 through 4000 amps with the largest selection of optional accessories offered anywhere. All switching configurations are available with an integrally mounted bypass-isolation switch. Configurations are also available for service entrance applications.
- Healthcare Facilities
- Enterprise / Colocation / Cloud Data Centers
- Commerical Buildings / Industrial Buildings
- Telecom Mobile / Central Switching Centers
- Distributed Energy Resources (Microgrid) / Load Management
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Conventional two-position transfer configuration, plus closed and delayed transition modes of operation. All configurations available with either automatic or non-automatic control.
- Listed to UL 1008 Transfer Switch Equipment for Automatic Transfer Switches and Certified to CSA 22.2, No. 178.
- Qualified and certified to IEC 60947-6-1, CE marked (optional). (Limited to certain accessories.)
- Rated up to 600 VAC, 30 through 4000 amps.
- 3 to 18-Cycle Withstand and Closing Rating (WCR) Standard, 30-Cycle WCR Optional.
- Reliable and field-proven solenoid operating mechanism.
- High WCRs including short-time withstand current rating for optimum flexibility in circuit breaker coordination (600-4000 amps).
- Solid, switched, or overlapping neutral conductor options.
- Front replaceable main and arcing contacts (800-4000 amps).
- Programmable microprocessor controller with keypad and LCD display.
- Centrally located terminal block for customer control connections (260-4000 amps).
16mm, industrial grade control switches and indicating lights.
- Switch position and source acceptability LED indicators.
- Standard ground conductor connections.
- Four auxiliary contacts, two contacts closed when switch is in normal position and two contacts closed when switch is in emergency position.
- Local/remote communications capability for interfacing with ASCO POWERQUEST® communication products.
- Protected by a comprehensive 2, 5, or 10 year warranty.
Automatic & Non-Automatic Transfer Switching
ASCO Transfer Switches are available in both automatic & non-automatic initiation types. Both types are electrically operated. For automatic transfer switches, the controller initiates transfer. For non-automatic transfer switches, the user initiates switching transfer between power sources using switches mounted locally or at remote locations. Non-automatic switches have the following features:
- Sizes from 30 through 4000 amps.
- Microprocessor-based controller provides for addition of optional accessories.
- Controller prevents inadvertent operation under low voltage conditions.
- Low control circuit operating currents allow for long distances between remotely mounted manual control switches and the transfer switch.
- Source acceptability lights inform operator when sources are available to accept load.
- Standard inphase monitor can be activated for transferring motor loads.